Daily Archives: April 23, 2012

Prince Harry To Receive Prestigious Award In Washington D.C.

Blogged By: De De Tillman

Source & Story Credit: CNN – Bryony Jones

Photo Credit: Zimbio.Com

Posted: Monday April 23, 2012 @ 2:29  p.m PST

PRINCE HARRY Photo Credit Zimbio

According to CNN, Britain’s Prince Harry is to travel to the United States to be presented with a prestigious award honoring his work with war veterans and serving members of the armed forces.

The Prince will visit Washington D.C. on May 7 to receive the Atlantic Council’s award for “distinguished humanitarian leadership,” St James’s Palace announced Monday.

As well as attending the prizegiving dinner at the Atlantic Council, Prince Harry is also expected to meet British and American athletes who have taken part in the Warrior Games, a paralympic sports tournament for armed services personnel, in Colorado.

It is not yet clear if he will attend other events while in the country. Prince Harry is said to be “honored” by news of the award, which he plans to accept on behalf of his brother and their foundation.

St James’s Palace says he will use the event to pay tribute to the work of British and American charities which help to rehabilitate wounded servicemen and women, and to reintegrate veterans into civilian life.

The Atlantic Council is a non-partisan U.S.-based think-tank which promotes transatlantic cooperation and international security.

 

 

Alessandra Ambrosio Brazilian Supermodel Posed Nude Pregnant (Photo)

Blogged By: La Tray

Source & Story Credit: Dail Mail – Emily Sheridan

Photo Credit: Dail Mail via Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott For Vivara

Posted: Monday April 23, 2012 @1:45 p.m. PST

 

 

 

Many expectant mothers in their third trimesters feel uncomfortable and are lacking self-esteem with their changing figure.

 

But for eight months pregnant Alessandra Ambrosio, the Brazilian supermodel actually claims she feels more confident than ever.

 

And to ride home her point of view, the 31-year-old has posed nude for a new ad campaign for Brazilian jewellery company Vivara.

 

 

The mother-of-one, who is expecting a baby boy with fiancé Jamie Muzar, stripped off with nothing but jewellery on for acclaimed photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.

 

Speaking about the campaign, she said: ‘A nude photoshoot was good, because pregnancy makes me much more confident. I’m proud of my body to be generating a life…

 

 

‘I wasn’t ashamed to do a nude shoot for two of my favourite photographers. I’m happy to have one of the most important moments of my life recorded by them.’

 

Ambrosio posed for the shots recently at the famous five-star Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio De Janeiro.

 

 

The photoshoot was a closed set with just Alas and Piggott the only one’s present.
Ambrosio has finally started her maternity leave after a busy promotional tour of Europe last month.

 

The beauty, who ended up at No.5 on the list of the world’s best paid models with a $5million salary last year, visited Turkey, Poland, Germany and Spain to promote Phillips razors

 

Due to give birth to her second child next month, Ambrosio is already lining up post-baby modelling gigs.

 

She is determined to be back to her 34-25-34 size in time for the launch of the Victoria’s Secret store in London in July.

 

She said recently: ‘I already have jobs planned for afterwards so hopefully will be back in shape.

 

‘I told my booker and my manager; “I know I have a job to do, so just book the jobs and hopefully it’ll be fine.”

 

‘I only have a few more jobs to do before I have the baby – all editorial, no more catwalk now – and then I hope to be back in London for the opening of the Victoria’s Secret store in July. I should definitely be back for the next Victoria’s Secret show – I have quite a while until then.’

 

Ambrosio was nearly three months pregnant when she walked in the Victoria’s Secret catwalk show last November.

Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio poses nude while heavily pregnant in the new campaign for Brazilian jewellery firm Vivara. Photo Credit: Daily Mail via Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott For Vivara.

North Korea Threatens To Put South Korea To Ashes In Less Than 4 Minutes (Video)

Blogged By: De De Tillman

Source & Story Credit: The Envoy Dylan Stableford

Video Credit: ITN News

Posted: Monday April 23, 2012 @ 12:25 p.m PST

 

According to The Envoy, North Korea’s military vowed a new and unusually specific threat to its neighbors, saying it would reduce South Korea “to ashes” in less than four minutes.

 

The statement, released Monday when programming was interrupted on North Korea’s state TV by a special report, comes amid rising tensions on the Korean peninsula.

 

Earlier this month, North Korea was unsuccessful in a long-range missile launch, prompting worries that North Korea may conduct another nuclear test. South Korean officials say new satellite images show that North Korea has been digging a tunnel in what appears to be preparation for a third atomic test.

 

According to the Associated Press, the statement from North Korea was unusual in promising something soon and in describing a specific period of time.

 

The North Korean military threatened to “reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style.”

 

For months the North has castigated South Korean President Lee Myung-bak and the conservative  administration for insulting their leadership and criticizing a  new cruise missile capable of striking anywhere in the south.

 

South Korean officials responded, urging North Korea to end the threats. “We urge North Korea to immediately stop this practice,” Unification Ministry spokesman Kim Hyung-suk said, according to the Associated Press. “We express deep concern that the North’s threats and accusations have worsened inter-Korean ties and heightened tensions.”

 

Meanwhile, in a meeting Sunday with a North Korean delegation in Beijing, China’s senior official on foreign policy praised the leadership shown by North Korea’s new young leader, Kim Jong Un.

 

The meeting follows the April 13 launch of what the United States called a disguised ballistic missile test by North Korea. The rocket disintegrated minutes after launch.