Reblogged By: De De Tillman;  International Celebrity Blogger

Source: ph.news.yahoo

Posted: Sunday April 13, 2014 @ 2:14 p.m PST

 

“The ROK government will keep working closely with the Philippine side in this regard,” said Cho in a press briefing held in Seoul last Thursday. A transcript of his remarks was posted in the official South Korean foreign ministry website.

The 21-year-old female South Korean college student was found dead Tuesday after being abducted in Pasay City on March 3 while on her way to meet a friend. Her decomposing body was reportedly found in the hideout of her abductors.

On April 6, a 45-year-old South Korean businessman was fatally shot while eating dinner with his family at an outdoor restaurant in Angeles City by an unknown gunman who escaped on a motorcycle.

Last February, a 65-year-old Korean tourist was also fatally shot in Angeles City by unidentified assailants. That same month, a South Korean was found dead on a highway near Benguet.

Last year, 12 Koreans were killed but no suspects have been taken into custody.

Since 2009, there have been 40 Koreans killed in the Philippines. Between 2009 and 2013, 44 percent of some 160 murder cases of Korean nationals abroad occurred in the Philippines, according to the foreign ministry.

“The Philippine’s criminal system is weak, and, without exception, the number of crimes and killings of visitors is rising for Chinese, Japanese and Americans alike. Each visitor should stay vigilant,” the ministry said.