G-Dragon’s New Chanel Ad Filled With Racist Comments On Facebook
It was an advert meant to celebrate fashion, music and G-Dragon’s partnership with the luxury brand, Chanel. However, the brand’s Facebook page was riddled with hate comments instead.
The advert featured G-Dragon in Macau, China, as he modeled Chanel’s latest campaign for their bag, Gabrielle. It followed the artist promoting the line and aired snippets taken from his ongoing concert tour.
Tom Ford has revealed that he’s married his long term partner, Richard Buckley.
The fashion designer divulged his news during an in conversation session at the Regent Street Apple Store with Lady Kinvara Balfour last night.
Speaking of the union, Ford said: “We are now married, which is nice. I know that was just made legal in the UK which is great, but we were married in the States.” He also flashed his wedding ring to the audience.
The pair have been together for 27 years, after meeting at a fashion show in the ‘80s and welcomed a son – Alexander John Buckley Ford, in 2012.
Fashion Designer Robert Marin MoneyMakers Clothing Company, based in San Jose, California is a clothing company offering unique urban fashion shirts in all sizes. We want to make this company a Bay Area / California staple. Give the people a new fresh look in fashion that is made locally.
MoneyMakers means everyone wants to be a money maker and everyone wants to make money. Our shirts are stylish, affordable, and a great quality. They make great gifts to give to family, friends, or loved ones.
MoneyMakers Clothing Company started in 2004. We looked for ways to further the company but it was too costly to have someone make it for us. Since 2011 Robert Marin decided to further his skills in fashion. Robert Marin has been going to the Art Institute of San Francisco To enhance the quality, style, and workmanship. Time is closing in to graduate and Robert is getting ready to move forward to Hollywood, New York, Korea, Japan and China.
Robert would love to work with the Kpop, Cpop and Jpop Entertainers
According to People, Michelle Kwan is getting ready to marry U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Clay Pell.
“I remember sitting down with Clay to prepare for our White House fellowship interviews,” Kwan says, “but we ended up just talking. We laughed so hard that I was crying. I never was one who believed in love at first sight, but I have to admit it happened for us. I felt there was a magnetic connection between us. I thought he was the one from the beginning.”
Despite stunning good looks, teenager never believed she was attractive enough for the modelling world
She developed anorexia and bulimia at the age of 16 and the illnesses left her too tired to work
The model died in her sleep at her grandmother’s house of suspected heart failure
An anorexic teenage covergirl died of heart failure in her sleep after her weight dropped to just six stone.
Bethaney Wallace, 19, appeared to be living a dream lifestyle, appearing on the covers of glossy magazines including Girl Talk and Popgirl from the age of 12.
But despite her stunning good looks she never believed she was attractive enough and succumbed to anorexia and bulimia aged 16.
‘You can’t feed them because they will just sick it up. Her friends said they would go to a restaurant and Bethaney would only order bread.
‘The first time my wife noticed something was when Bethaney was asleep on the sofa and when she woke up the first thing she did was touch her stomach.
‘She lost her self esteem. She would say she was fat. But she was so beautiful. She didn’t realise how pretty she was. Once a man was staring at her on the escalator so much that he fell down.
‘But she had up days and down days. It was like Jekyll and Hyde.
‘I tried to warn her that her organs would fail, but she just said “don’t be silly”. She would stay at my mother’s house.
‘If you mentioned food it would start an argument.’
Bethaney, who volunteered for Care UK in her home town of Newmarket, Suffolk, died at her grandmother’s house in nearby Carlton on April 18.
Her eating problems began when she got glandular fever aged 16 after a holiday in Greece – and became determined not to put the weight back on.
The model’s parents said she became agitated whenever anyone asked her what she was eating and would order just bread when she went out with friends.
Mr and Mrs Wallace also told how they could never enjoy watching her eat because when she tucked in they knew she would make herself sick later.
The couple today said they were left feeling helpless because Bethaney was legally an adult and they had no rights to force her to change.
Mrs Wallace said: ‘It was so hard to get the help. I went to the doctors a few times on my own.
‘I asked them to call her in for something else and then bring up the eating
‘But Beth was not a child so I could not force her to get help. For parents you are slowly watching your child die.
‘It was out of our hands.’
Bethaney modelled for teen magazines Popgirl, BBC Girl Talk and Make It Groovy in 2004 when she was 12, making £112 per shoot.
The former student of Hills Road Sixth Form College in Cambridge had hoped to pursue a career in photography and modelling.
She stopped modelling for two years to concentrate on her school work and achieved four A*s, four As and one B for her GCSEs, as well as an A* for photography, B for Biology, B for Geography and C for Media Studies at A-level.
Her parents said Bethaney’s death had been made more tragic because they had started to feel like she had turned the corner and was getting on top of her conditions – after years of being too weak to even go shopping.
Mr Wallace said: ‘She was getting better. She was having counselling and making good progress.’
He added: ‘She had started doing more. I wonder if she had done too much. The paramedics said her blood sugar level was very low.’
Housewife Mrs Wallace added: ‘Girls were never jealous of Bethaney because when they spoke to her they realised she was really nice. The loveliness inside came out.
‘She stayed friends with everyone.
‘Everyone who saw Bethaney knew she was a beautiful girl. But those who got to know her realised that she was beautiful inside too.
‘She had an inviting smile and big brown eyes that would make everybody happy.
Bex Parramint, 30, from Power Model Management in Norwich, Norfolk, who represented Bethaney when she was modelling, paid tribute to her today.
She said: ‘I remember that as a little girl Bethaney would always have fresh flowers in her bedroom.
‘She was a really bright, smiley, beautiful little girl. She was so cute. She was just right as she was.’
Mary George, spokeswoman for eating disorder charity Beat, said anorexia and bulimia ‘take a huge toll on the body over a period of time’.
She said: ‘Our hearts go out to Bethaney’s family – eating disorders are devastating illnesses and it is particularly poignant that she had been making progress in her battle to beat her illness.
‘Eating disorders take a huge toll on the body over a period of time.’
The coroner for Suffolk said the cause of Bethaney’s death is uncertain pending tests.
An inquest was opened and adjourned on April 23. Bethaney also leaves behind a sister Shari, 22.
West Suffolk Eating Disorder Service in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, gave Bethaney an eating plan and she had been receiving counselling for a year.
The bulimia and anorexia sufferer was 5ft 3ins and had weighed 6st 10lbs in February.
Her BMI was 16.6, which meant she was categorised as dangerously underweight.
At Madrid Fashion Week 2012 models were banned from taking part if they had a BMI of less than 18.
On the night she died, Bethaney had gone to stay with her grandmother in Moulton, Suffolk, on the night she died.
The next morning her parents received a phone call from Bethaney’s grandmother and they rushed round to find her dead.
Photo Credit: Dail Mail via Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott For Vivara
Posted: Monday April 23, 2012 @1:45 p.m. PST
Many expectant mothers in their third trimesters feel uncomfortable and are lacking self-esteem with their changing figure.
But for eight months pregnant Alessandra Ambrosio, the Brazilian supermodel actually claims she feels more confident than ever.
And to ride home her point of view, the 31-year-old has posed nude for a new ad campaign for Brazilian jewellery company Vivara.
The mother-of-one, who is expecting a baby boy with fiancé Jamie Muzar, stripped off with nothing but jewellery on for acclaimed photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.
Speaking about the campaign, she said: ‘A nude photoshoot was good, because pregnancy makes me much more confident. I’m proud of my body to be generating a life…
‘I wasn’t ashamed to do a nude shoot for two of my favourite photographers. I’m happy to have one of the most important moments of my life recorded by them.’
Ambrosio posed for the shots recently at the famous five-star Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio De Janeiro.
The photoshoot was a closed set with just Alas and Piggott the only one’s present.
Ambrosio has finally started her maternity leave after a busy promotional tour of Europe last month.
The beauty, who ended up at No.5 on the list of the world’s best paid models with a $5million salary last year, visited Turkey, Poland, Germany and Spain to promote Phillips razors
Due to give birth to her second child next month, Ambrosio is already lining up post-baby modelling gigs.
She is determined to be back to her 34-25-34 size in time for the launch of the Victoria’s Secret store in London in July.
She said recently: ‘I already have jobs planned for afterwards so hopefully will be back in shape.
‘I told my booker and my manager; “I know I have a job to do, so just book the jobs and hopefully it’ll be fine.”
‘I only have a few more jobs to do before I have the baby – all editorial, no more catwalk now – and then I hope to be back in London for the opening of the Victoria’s Secret store in July. I should definitely be back for the next Victoria’s Secret show – I have quite a while until then.’
Ambrosio was nearly three months pregnant when she walked in the Victoria’s Secret catwalk show last November.
According to CNN, Fashion Designer and boyfriend Lance LePere are happy that same-sex couples can get married in their home state of New York. The couple met in 1990, when LePere joined Kors’s company as an intern.
“Over the years and the day-to-day process of dreaming together, things just naturally fell into place,” LePere has said of their relationship, according to Life and Style.
Congratulations to the couple for being together for so many years.
Topic: PROJECT RUNWAY VIEWERS OUTRAGED OVER WINNER
Project Runway Season 9 has been the most controversy season ever. In the past designers was judged on their ability introduce future wear to the fashion world.
This season only 1 designer was the judges favorite from the moment the designer walked in the door.
It was said the winner could not sew, did not complete the assignments and don’t have a clue as what it takes to be a real designer.
The winning designer lost money and a very kind-hearted designer gave his last to the winner and to everyone’s surprise, the kind-hearted was out and the winner won the challenge.
It was among 4 contestants 3 of them seemed to be worthy of winning.
HERE IS WHAT VIEWERS HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE WINNER:
1. What a joke! But, not a surprise. Just a huge disappointment. The woman
can’t sew, has no eye, no judgment, no line. Sigh. Her designs were
completely reminiscent of Ulies or whatever her name was a few years
back…..I wouldn’t be caught in one of these muu-muu’s. Honestly, what
woman of style is going to buy one of these designs? Hmmm? Here today,
gone tomorrow. On the rack at any cruise port. While Victor will go on
to make a name for himself with his beautiful designs and fabulous
prints! At least he can sew, and use a pair of shears! Shame on you
Project Runway! Perhaps next season when Tim goes on his visits, you
should go with him and see some of the world! Obviously your insular
views have blinded you to the real world and what real people are
2. The fact that Anya lacks the technical abilities to sew an even semi-complicated garment aside, I’ve always thought Project Runway was supposed to be about innovation and new design perspectives. Anya can pick out a great print, but I can already buy everything she’s created during pretty much any spring or summer season, or upon visiting a tropical climate. And the majority of her designs are repeats of previous designs in the season … where’s the fashion brilliance? Where’s that extra something that will make her clothing anything special enough took be sold over a $25 price point and mass produced in a third world country? Badly done, judges. You were far too wrapped up with the fact that Anya just learned how to sew, and overlooked the flaws in her garments. If any of the other contetants had done the same, they would have been Out. I think Viktor shot himself in the foot with his changes, and based on the fashion show alone, Josh should have won. But there were a lot of talented designers who got kicked off the show while a person, albeit a very nice person, who is unable to sew anything but a dress or jumper, stayed and went on to win. Not right, when part of the show is based on the expectation that the designers are able to complete their own work.
3. What a joke! But, not a surprise. Just a huge disappointment. The woman can’t sew, has no eye, no judgment, no line. Sigh. Her designs were completely reminiscent of Ulies or whatever her name was a few years back…..I wouldn’t be caught in one of these muu-muu’s. Honestly, what woman of style is going to buy one of these designs? Hmmm? Here today, gone tomorrow. On the rack at any cruise port. While Victor will go on to make a name for himself with his beautiful designs and fabulous prints! At least he can sew, and use a pair of shears! Shame on you Project Runway! Perhaps next season when Tim goes on his visits, you should go with him and see some of the world! Obviously your insular views have blinded you to the real world and what real people are wearing!
4. Oh, look. A variation of the exact same Simplicity pattern she always makes.
5. Kinberly should have been out last week.
6 I can’t believe Anya won. What a disappointment. What a waste. More talented designers were passed over. I really do not understand this decision. The judges really blew it. Because of the judging, I feel that I have wasted my time watching the show this season. Don’t know that I will bother to watch another episode.
7 Anya’s beauty and passion clearly translates into her designs. I’m so thrilled for her win!!!!!
8. I am completely over this show. I knew she would win from the beginning because of the way the episodes were playing out. It was so predictable. I just wonder why they even bother going through the challenges anymore, they should have given it to her from the beginning and called it a day. They talked about Victor being a little too commercial but I think his tailoring was impeccable and with a six figure budget he could have done some more high fashion looks. They say that Josh is too over the top and editorial but my question is Anya’s work is supposed to be in the middle? Once again we saw not one garment with a sleeve or any pieces with serious structure, just the same flowy island dress. I am beyond disappointed and over Project Runway. They should let the people decide.
9. They all agreed that Anya’s collection lacked in tailoring, lacked in volume/layering, lacked in variety, lacked in level of difficulty, and was virtually one note over and over with the same played v-neck again and again. AND THEN THEY WENT AND GAVE HER FIRST PRIZE !!!!! ????
10. WTF ?????????????????????????????????????? During the season they judge superbly, but come the finale, and they all go blind. What gives?
11. After watching Project Runway for 9 seasons, I am now convinced that this season finale confirms that Heidi Klum wanted Anya to win; it was her way or the highway. Anya could be a talented designer, but she has not learned fully what it means to design, edit and go into production. There are a enough designers out there who can design her narrow concept and you often see them in all the resort shops throughout the world; but maybe that’s what this season was really about. Josh, Viktor, and Kimberely were clearly the most talented and came up new ideas and concepts that this industry needs desperately. Too bad, that your organization has kowtow’d to Heidi, but she is the executive producer so there it was already a loaded deck. I am very dissapointed thta the judges cannot see the bigger picture, but maybe they are tired of being on the show.
12. Loved Anyas collection but even more other things she designed during the season. Josh was too gay for me with his neon club collection….no one I know would ever wear that.
13. i can’t believe she won!!! her designs were totally the same as the ones she was making the whole time during the season, this is very disappointing. They should totally get other judges because they are just starting to choose the weakest and boring designer ; /
14 I am so disappointed in the judges in who they picked. All along it seems that it was Anyathat the judges wanted to win. I do not know if I am going to watch the show next season. The judfing seemed to be slanted. Anya does perry cloths, but there were better people and clothes for the win. I did not care for Josh all season but his collection was better. Congratulations to Anya, please prove that you deserve this opportunity.
15. Project Runway – You really blew it when you choose Anya as the winner for this year. Everything she created was dull and uncreative (unless you live on an island) and had a deep front and a deeperback. I would not buy anything from her because it is so mundane. I have watched Project Runway for years and have often disagreed with your choices (Nina, Michael, and sometimes Heidi: Tim I believe that you are without prejudice). After choosing Anya tonight (10/28/11) I was so disappointed with your choices that I have decided not t0 watch your program again. Tim, you I appreciate always, because you always tell the truth. I will miss seeing you! You are the only one who really sees the designs as they really are. Do you think you could teach this to Nina and Michael? Try Tim. Make it work!
16. Wow, I’m surprised. I thought Viktor would win – Anya had nice prints but, her construction was not that good … she has been the judges favorite all season.
17. Jeez – a bunch of muu-muu dresses — YAWN. Utterly predictable Anya: the same old flowing patterns, deep v necks, unfinished hems – yet again. ANY ONE of the three others would have been a better pick. Anya wowed the judges early on, and then kept impressing them with her considerable poise. Her designs are just fabric pinned together: have her actually make a pant, a jacket, or even finish a hem. The weakest designer wins…how disappointing. Just lost this viewer….
18. Poject runway judges did replaced…..Will never watch again…..I true Lifetime Fan…..
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON HOW YOUR FEEL ABOUT IT
Photo Link Credit: Reality Wanted – Lindsay in Project Runway
Posted: Sunday September 18, 2011 @ 3:15 am PST
Updated: Friday September 23, 2011 @ 5:30 pm PST
Topic: Adam Lambert – Project Runway – Anthony Ryan Auld
Dedicated To: Sharon – Beverly – Hollywood Holly – Pat R.
Super talented, HOT, drop dead gorgeous Adam Lambert was a guest judge on the tv show “Project Runway” Thursday September 22, 2011 on “Lifetime” See the sneak video preview with Adam and that knock-Out Smile.
Please check your local listing for time and vote for Anthony Ryan Auld #PR9anthonyryan.