Blogged By: De De Tillman
Media Credit:charlie7ok0 / ClJp299 / kattunsaikou
Posted: Tuesday August 14, 2012 @3:42 a.m PST
KAT-TUN (カトゥーン, Katūn?) is a Japanese boy band formed by Johnny & Associates (Johnny’s) in 2001. The group’s name is an acronym based on the first letter of each member’s family name until the departure of Jin Akanishi in 2010.
As of 2010, KAT-TUN stands for Kazuya KAmenashi, Junnosuke Taguchi, Koki Tanaka, Tatsuya Ueda, and Yuichi Nakamaru.Their debut on March 22, 2006 was marked by a tripartite release of a CD single, album and music DVD on their exclusive record label J-One Records.
On April 20-22, KAT-TUN performed at Tokyo Dome as parts of their LIVE TOUR 2012 CHAIN tour. According to news reports, KAT-TUN’s original idea “Flash-Tree” spotlights was introduced for the first time in Johnny and also Tokyo Dome’s 25m moving stage was the longest in Johnny’s history.
On June 27, KAT-TUN released its 18th single, To The Limit, which was used as a tie-up song for Suzuki Solio Bandit CM. On June 29 Music Station reported that KAT-TUN ranked as No.10 best-selling Heisei era’s idol with the total sales of 6,661,293 copies from 17 singles. According to, Wikipedia.
1. Kazuya KAmenashi (亀梨 和也, Kamenashi Kazuya?) (born February 23, 1986)
2. Junnosuke Taguchi (田口 淳之介, Taguchi Junnosuke?) (born November 29, 1985)
3. Koki Tanaka (田中 聖, Tanaka Kōki?) (born November 5, 1985)
4. Tatsuya Ueda (上田 竜也, Ueda Tatsuya?) (born October 4, 1983)
5. Yuichi Nakamaru (中丸 雄一, Nakamaru Yuichi?) (born September 4, 1983)
- Jin Akanishi (赤西 仁, Akanishi Jin?) (born July 4, 1984)